Monday 26 October 2009

Picnic in the Park

AM


Least: By 10:00am, I found myself lamenting the fact that I don't have two days off in a row. Today's plans included a boozy picnic in the park, however, the spectre of work on Monday seriously inhibits my involvment in merry making. Some people can tolerate arriving to work with a serious hangover, but I cannot. Work is already less than fun, so a hangover can only make mattters worse. Next year I'll lobby for two days of in succession - fingers crossed


Most: At close to 11:00am, I put into action a plan that I had literally been dreaming of for weeks. I looked underneath the malfunctioning washing machine. I soon discovered that a crucial hose was very twisted and preventing effective drainage. With a simple twist, our washing problems were solved. No longer will be ever have to sit and watch a load that's on a 48 hour cycle. Victory.

PM


Least: Between about 1:10pm and 2:20pm, I had to kill time at the south end of Nagai Park. The picnic I was attending, was delayed because of an accident on the Midosuji line and my friends were not arriving until after two. The problem with waiting in Nagai park is that it is full of strange old people who, given the chance, will happily come and talk to you, even if they don't speak English. My plan to avoid such horrors was to keep on the move like a fugitive. I rode around the park at least once, ate some of my lunch, took a photo of some red flowers (right), then hunkered down on a stone bench. The howling wind didn't make may wait any easier and I was relieved when my people finally arrived.


Most: From about 2:30pm, I sat on a blue tarpaulin and enjoyed a festive picnic at the aforementioned Nagai park. The picnic was a 'potluck' so we ended up with about sixteen square metres of delicious food. Although rain threatened, it didn't arrive until after dark and did not interfere with our revellry. The highlight was either the brief hide and seek game or when a couple of picnickers decided it was time to don my Boss's full-body Stitch constume. Laughs all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment