Monday 19 October 2009

Speakers in Lamps

Sunday 18th October 2009

AM


Least: At about 9:30am, I woke with a splitting headache from the few glasses of German  riesling that I'd had with dinner the night before. Perhaps it was the flu, or the tiredness brought on by my trip to Wakayama, but I felt as if I'd been dealt an unfair blow. The wine was from the Rhine region and tasted pretty good, however it's after-punch was simply too great and unfair.

Most: At nearly 10:30am, I began making a series of Morinaga pancakes. As usual, they looked just like they did on the box, thick and fluffy. In an otherwise painful morning, the sweetness was a welcome relief to the empty morning. I can't believe that I've finally come to love maple syrup, although the real thing is very expensive. The next, and even unhealthier step will be to mix the sweet of the pancakes with the savoury of eggs and bacon.

PM



Least: At around 2:30pm, Rosie and I rode our bikes through an arcade that was mostly closed for the day. What added to its sadness was the strange music eminating from speakers hidden in lamps. The lamps were spaced apart just enough for the bizarre childrens' singing to fade only to reappear at another part of the song. It was like a cheesy Stephen King horror movie, only slightly more boring.

Most: At close to 1:30am, I stepped into an okonmiyaki retaurant on Abeno-suji called Ponpocotei. Rosie and I had been there before and ate until bursting last time. I ordered the 'mix modanyaki' which included pork, beef, prawns, octopus and squid. It was huge and it tasted incredible. By the time I'd finished it I could barely move and was glad that I'd ridden my bike so that I could begin to work some of it off in the headwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment