Wednesday 21 October 2009

The Red Ribboned Rabbits

AM


Least: At just before 9:00am I accepted that my headache from yesterday's conrete - brain collision wasn't going to leave soon. After a week with a flu, the last thing I need is another headache. The worst thin, though, is the fuzzy confusion associated with the knock, I found it difficult to remember anything in real detail which made writing very tricky. Clarity is golden.

Most: At 11:40am, I walked out the front door of our apartment building (carefully ducking my head) and into the street. Across the street is a massive house, and whoever lives in it has decided to shape their two potted trees into rabbits. To add to the oddity, the leafy green rabbits are wearing red ribbons and have orange eyes, and after writing are wearing Halloween hats. As to their purpose, I can only imagine they're part of some post-modern take on Halloween, Christmas and Easter. Strange but interesting.

PM


Least: At 3:30pm, I arrived to work to find my boss doubled over with abdomen pain. She was basically incapable of movement or any basic duties. She groaned for about two hours before getting relief from another staff member from Komyioke and for obvious reasons was in no mood for conversation.I was left thinking selfishly how boring it was with no-one to talk to and no clear thoughts in my head. Groan.

Most: At nearly 10:15am, I sat down to a pasta dish made with fresh tomatoes. Despite my doubts about the Japanese tomato for sandwich purposes, the oversweet orbs make for excellent sauce. Rosie's sauce had just enough garlic and fresh basil to allow the full flavour of the riper than ripe tomatoes to grace my tastebuds. I hope Rosie records her improvised dish so it is never lost for future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment